Friday, August 7, 2009

The History of Blue Opal Threads

A number of years ago I started to hand dye threads for cross stitch and embroidery. Unfortunately life took an unexpected turn, as it tends to do, and I had to shelve my plans for Blue Opal Threads until now.

I will the adding to the list of available colours in the future - although slowly as life, work and most importantly family - has to come first lol. So stay tuned for developments!!!

First off, I had to decide what to do with quite a few of my previous colours. In the course of the 'unexpected turn' I lost access to many of my original colour 'recipes'. This has led me to decide to also offer the Blue Opal Thread Bunyips. These will be those previous colours, plus any other one offs that happen along in the course of my creativity lol. For those that don't know, the Bunyip is a mythical creature from Australian folklore.

I would love to hear from anyone that has used my threads in the past and it would be fun to post pictures of what you have stitched with them.

So, I hope some of you will come along on this new and exciting journey with me!!

Marie

7 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting for you! I pray that all goes well with this for you!!!! I can not wait to see some of your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your "old" new venture. I look forward to seeing some of your floss. I hope thinggs work out well and you are able to get your Blue Opal business up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool ! What a nice idea ! I look forward to see your threads !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are just too busy girl. I love the skeins you sent me so am looking forward to seeing more. I'll try to find something soon to use my new threads in so we can see them made up in something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of Luck with your new, old idea. I will be looking forward to your threads. I am always anxious to use new threads.
    I will join your blog so I can keep myself posted.
    God Bless ~
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete